Macmillan Factual Readers are a six-level series allowing learners of English to explore a variety of fascinating real-world topics. Te controlled use of vocabulary and structures make them the perfect CLIL Readers.
Carefully graded and including a glossary with explanations of key vocabulary, Macmillan Factual Readers are aimed at 6- to 12-year-olds in need of more challenging reading material. This is indicated by the + sign next to each level.
• The Readers use authentic language and important high-frequency words
• The lexis, grammar structures and concepts of the CLIL classroom are addressed within a motivating context in which to learn about different topics
• Subject-specific words are highlighted and explained in the glossaries
• Stunning photographs provide a visual context as well as clues to the more demanding lexis
• Fact boxes add interesting information which supports the main text
Free Teaching Notes, audio and exercises are available to download at the Macmillan Young Learners website.
1 levels ( 1 )
for 1-3 hours